Gallery: Young masters show off chess skills
Dozens of chess players of all ages took part in the Ipswich Chess Tournament at Copleston High School.
IPSWICH: Dozens of chess players of all ages took part in the Ipswich Chess Tournament at Copleston High School.
The event, organised by the Ipswich Junior Chess Club, attracted young players from across the region - and also gave adults the opportunity to take part in an open competition.
With tournaments for all age groups, the competition is a qualifier for the prestigious London championships at Christmas.
Youngsters showed great concentration in taking part in the competition - which ran throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
Under eight: Sammy Roberts.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
Under 10: Joseph Boone.
Under 12: Adam Taylor.
Under 14: Hugo Davis.
Challengers (Under 18): Patrick Stevens.
Open (Adults): David Spence.