Gallery: Youngsters enjoy Christmas Party at Vera Lynn Trust
YOUNGSTERS at a children’s centre were given some festive cheer at a special event.
The Dame Vera Lynn Trust centre at Sproughton, which supports children who suffer from Cerebral Palsy, held a Christmas Party on Saturday.
The event was able to go-ahead after generous members of the public made more than �3,500 in donations to the centre following a break-in in which �137 was stolen from the venue’s Christmas fund.
Sara Baxter, regional fund raiser for the centre, said: “We had 30 children and their parents turn up for the party it was a great day.
“Father Christmas came along and handed out presents to the children who were thrilled to bits to see him.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone then enjoyed a meal which was laid on by local chef Jerry Bird from “Woodwards” in Needham Market which topped off the day.”
The additional money pledged by donators will pay for school trips and extras during the coming term. The charity have already been able to fit a new alarm at its premises in Burstall Lane and replace a camera which as stolen during the break-in.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine