Gallery: Youngsters enjoy mini-Olympics style sports day at Stowmarket High School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Suffolk schools have been getting active as part of a sports day based around the Olympic Games.
Youngsters from nine schools came to Stowmarket High School to have a go at a variety of sports while wearing the colours of different countries which have competed in the Olympics.
The event, which saw 300 pupils compete, was organised by the charity Sports Leaders UK.
Fifty sports leaders trained by the Gipping Valley and Thurston Sports Partnership were on hand to guide youngsters through each sport and activity, including archery, rugby and golf.
The day was part of the Asda Active programme to encourage people to do more exercise.
The organisers are aiming to make the event an annual one.
- 1 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 2 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 3 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 6 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 7 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 8 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 9 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 10 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'