Galllery: Children at Snape Primary celebrate school’s heritage
- Credit: Archant
CHILDREN enjoyed some fun in the sun as they welcomed visitors for a two day celebration of their school’s heritage.
Youngsters from Snape Community Primary were joined by past pupils and members of the community for the recent showcase.
As well as performing a special cheerleading routine the children also provided musical entertainment and delighted audiences with some country dancing.
Visitors were also able to enjoy a vehicle display featuring fire engines and vintage tractors and an exhibition of photographs documenting the history of the school.
The event raised an impressive £3,048, which will be put towards a fund to build a new classroom.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Angela Skinner said the weekend was a huge success. “It was lovely,” she said. “The weather was very kind and we had a steady stream of visitors, some of them had come from quite a long way.
“The children really enjoyed themselves and were absolutely wonderful. They sang and performed extremely well.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
“We are absolutely thrilled with the amount raised and can’t thank people enough for their generosity.”
The school has now raised £74,000 for its classroom project, which is expected to cost £88,000.
People are invited to sponsor a block of the new building or become a “friend” of the school to help with the fundraising effort.
Contact 01728 688373 or email email@example.com for details.