Gamblers take over the Cedars Hotel in Stowmarket for charity
- Credit: Archant
Gambling fever took over the Cedars Hotel, in Stowmarket, as Las Vegas came to town in the guise of the Rotary Club of Stowmarket Gipping Valley.
A Rotary Club is an unlikely promoter of gambling, but this was all in a good cause as 65 guests and their Rotarian hosts were given “funny money” to play on Roulette, Blackjack and Poker tables.
The cordon bleu menu of Monte Carlo was replaced by bangers and mash to enable as much profit as possible to be reserved for the supported charities and the evening proved a real hit with the punters with about £350 being raised.
The Rotary Club of Stowmarket Gipping Valley are always looking for new members (both male and female).
They meet at the Cedars Hotel on Thursday evenings and anyone who would like to join can contact membership secretary Margaret Woollam on 07836 371500 or email email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Their website can be found at http://www.gippingvalleyrotary.org and they are also on Facebook.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
- 10 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds