max temp: 10°C

min temp: 7°C


Fire service attends two gas related incidents in Suffolk

PUBLISHED: 16:11 26 June 2018 | UPDATED: 16:11 26 June 2018

File image of Suffolk firefighters tackling a blaze Picture: OWEN HINES

File image of Suffolk firefighters tackling a blaze Picture: OWEN HINES

Firefighters were called to two separate blazes involving gas at homes in Suffolk today.

The first happened at a timber framed double garage in Old House Cottages, Hintlesham, around 11.40am.

Four fire crews were sent to the scene: one each from Colchester, Ipswich East, Holbrook and Felixstowe.

A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the fire had been caused by gas bottles in the garage.

The garage was “fully alight” when crews arrived, the spokesman said.

The flames were extinguished just before 1.10pm and no-one was believed to have been hurt.

The second happened in a shed at a property in Walnut Tree Close, Bramford, around the same time.

The fire spokesman said the blaze involved the gas main.

The blaze was extinguished by 12.45pm and the gas board isolated the gas supply.

No-one was thought to have been injured.

The harrowing consequences of poor driving have been laid bare by a police chief who says he is sick of seeing the carnage it causes.

People are being warned of rail delays after police attended to an incident involving ‘disruptive passengers’ on a Greater Anglia service.

Most Conservative MPs from this region continue to support the Prime Minister in the face of the Brexit storm – but accept that the Parliamentary numbers make it difficult to see how the deal announced on Wednesday can get through.

Firefighters now believe a blaze above a high street shop in Ipswich was started deliberately.

Police have closed an armed robbery case after failing to identify a suspect.

As the country pulls together for Children in Need, one Ipswich business is raising funds by encouraging employees to bring a few cuddly friends to work.

An alcoholic accused of murdering a homeless man whose badly beaten body was found in the stairwell of a Colchester car park has told a court that the victim was still alive when he and his two co-defendants left him.

Most read

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

MyDate24 MyPhotos24