Geoff Buxton named as 79-year-old pedestrian who died after collision with car in Cockfield
- Credit: Archant
A 79-year-old pedestrian who died after a collision involving a car in Cockfield last night has been named by police.
Geoff Buxton, of Lavenham Road, Cockfield died after being involved in a collision with a Volkwagen Amarok on the A1141 at around 9.45pm.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police were called to the incident by the ambulance service and have asked for witnesses to come forward.
Officers closed the road last night and diversions were in place while an investigation got under way.
You may also want to watch:
The road reopened this morning.
Witnesses are asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 6 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'