George Washington may have given a different answer
I gave George, 22 months, a fruit ice lolly. He eyed it dubiously at first but then decided it was all right to lick – when he bit off a chunk, it made him cry. As a health and safety measure, he was safely ensconced in his high chair during the deployment of the lolly.
Leaving the room for a minute, I returned to find someone had scribbled on the wall with what looked remarkably like the raspberry end of a fruit ice lolly.
“George, did you do that?”
He gave me a beatific smile and vigorously shook his head. To be honest, his clear denial did not allay my suspicion. There were only the two of us in the house and I knew I hadn’t done it.
“So, who was it who drew on the wall, then, George?”
You may also want to watch:
He shrugged his little shoulders and turned his hands palms upward as if to say: “Beats me.”
This does not bode well for our chances of finding the culprit in the event of the mysterious felling of a cherry tree in the garden.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan