Get active and raise funds for St Helena Hospice
- Credit: Archant
People are being asked to complete 24 hours of physical activity this coming January in aid of a north Essex hospice.
St Helena Hospice is running its Around the Clock Challenge for the second year.
People can choose any activity they like, and should aim to do 24 hours between January 1-31.
Sarah Phillips, challenges fundraiser at St Helena Hospice, said: “Our Around The Clock Challenge is a great way to burn off all the excess of the festive season, including all the mince pies and chocolate, and raise vital funds while you do it to help local people with an incurable illness to live well and die with dignity and choice.
“The best thing about it is you do your own choice of activity wherever and whenever you can. Run, swim, dance, rollerskate – any activity counts. You could do it as a personal challenge or maybe get your work colleagues, aerobics class, gym buddy or sports team mates to do it with you.”
You may also want to watch:
Participants log their hours on an app or keep a paper log which they receive in their information pack when they sign up. Anyone who has registers and logs their first 30 minutes on New Year’s Day will be entered into a prize draw.
The challenge costs £10 to enter and the hospice is asking for a minimum of £24 sponsorship – equating to just £1 per hour of activity. £24 could cover the cost of home cooked meals for one of the patients staying at the hospice’s Inpatient Unit for two days.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
Sign up by visiting sthelenahospice.org.uk/clock18 email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01206 931468.