Get engaged this Valentine’s Day? Competition offers chance to win a free wedding
Couples waiting to tie the knot can enter a competition run by St Elizabeth Hospice to have their big day all paid for.
The pair who raise the most money for the charity throughout the contest will receive a wedding worth £15,000 held at Glemham Hall in Woodbridge.
Local businesses have sponsored the challenge, donating their services for the wedding, including the dress, suits, rings and catering.
When the couples enter, they have to give reasons why they deserve to win the wedding package. Their stories will then be shared on the hospice’s social media pages and the public will vote for the six couples they want to go forward to be semi-finalists.
The six semi-finalists have four months to fundraise as much as they can for St Elizabeth Hospice, with the top three fundraisers going into the final. The final three couples then have another four months, until February 2017, to raise even more charity cash, with the couple raising the most winning their dream wedding.
You may also want to watch:
The runners-up are also rewarded for their support of the hospice with vouchers for money off their wedding.
Joanne Rodger, the hospice’s events and challenges fundraiser, said: “We’re really excited to be launching our Win a Wedding challenge and we’re sure that there are lots of local couples who are planning to get married, but can’t meet the expense of a £15,000 wedding at the moment.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
“By entering our competition, they can not only win their wedding, all paid for, but they will be supporting and raising vital funds for their local hospice, to help provide care and support for local people living with a progressive illness, such as cancer, motor neurone disease and heart failure.”
Sponsors of Win a Wedding include: Glemham Hall, providing the venue; The Bridal Lounge supplying the wedding dress; bridesmaid dresses from Just a Day; makeup up by Victoria Bradfield; hair and nails by Hair Ministry; suits from Coes; chair covers by Table Angels; catering by Serendipity Street; rings from Carats; cake made by Amelie’s Kitchen; invites, name cards and seating plan by Lemon Pie Stationary; flowers by Kaye Souter; mobile recording studio from Songstream Studios; photography by Patrick Stockley; videography by TJS Video; aerial videography by Echo Alfa Ltd; and registrar from Suffolk County Council.
To enter the competition, visit www.stelizabethhospice.org.uk/winawedding, call 01473 723600 or email email@example.com