Get into the festive spirit by joining our Christmas Concert of Carols service
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Christmas is almost upon us and what better way to bring the festive season to life than the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star carol service?
The Concert of Carols will be held at Ipswich’s civic church – St Mary-Le-Tower – hosted by the Reverend Canon Charles Jenkin and his team.
The service starts at 6pm on Tuesday, December 12, and tickets are now on sale from our office at Portman House in Ipswich – on the corner of Princes Street and Portman Road.
They cost £2 per person and the money raised will be donated to the Ipswich-based Fresh Start - New Beginnings.
The concert will feature favourite carols, the fantastic choir from St Mary-le-Tower, and a charity address.
You may also want to watch:
EADT and Ipswich Star editor Brad Jones said: “Our Concert of Carols has always been at the heart of the town’s festive celebrations, and I am delighted that we will be once again in Ipswich’s historic civic church.
“I’m looking forward to seeing many of our readers at the church.”
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 8 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
He added: “Proceeds will go to Fresh Start, to continue the vital work it does in helping the young victims of abuse rebuild their lives.”
The founder of Fresh Start, Diana Porter, recently won a special recognition award at the Stars of Suffolk ceremony, and she will give a charity address.
The charity has helped more than 930 children across Suffolk who have suffered sexual abuse since it was established in October 2012, rebuilding their lives and giving them the chance to look forward to the future.
However, the organisation often finds it difficult to attract public fundraising and corporate sponsorship due to the distressing nature of their work.
It costs the charity around £2,500 for each child to go through their counselling programme.
You can buy the tickets in person from our office in Ipswich, or tickets can also be ordered by sending a cheque payable to Archant Regional Limited to: Lucy Parker, EADT Carols, Portman House, 120 Princes Street, Ipswich IP1 1RS.
Please include your postal address with your cheque.
if you would like more information about Fresh Start, or to donate to the charity visit www.fsnb.org.uk