Get ready for another week of freezing nights in Suffolk and Essex
- Credit: Archant
Winter has arrived and looks set to remain this week, with temperatures falling just below average for January after a month of remarkably mild weather in December.
There were no reports of snow falling in Suffolk at the weekend and no more is expected this week. Snow has refused to melt in many places though after falls last week.
Snowy fields and even frozen white wooden mushrooms at Needham Lake were spotted at the weekend while Haughley Park cross country runners yesterday had to deal with a covering of unmelted snow.
This is due to the below-average temperatures at the weekend, with overnight lows of -3C (27F) and daytime highs of 4C (39F) set to continue until Thursday.
According to Weatherquest forecaster Adam Dury, snow is unlikely for the rest of the week, with largely sunny days and freezing nights.
You may also want to watch:
However, Friday is set to be very wet, with showers and temperatures up to highs of 13C (55F).
Share your weather photos by adding #Suffolk or #Essex to your Tweets and Instagram posts.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area