Get your ticket now for giant Colchester water slide event
- Credit: Su Anderson
Tickets have gone on sale for people wanting to splash down a giant water slide in Colchester in aid of charity.
Cancer Research UK (CRUK) is bringing its SlideRider event to North Hill from 11am-5pm on Monday May 2, a bank holiday.
Thrill seekers are urged to buy a ticket early to avoid disappointment if they want to speed their way, head first if they want, down the 250m water slide on an inflatable.
People are asked to get sponsorship for the event to support CRUK’s Kids & Teens appeal.
Gemma Turpin, CRUK event manager, said: “We’re delighted to bring our SlideRider event to Colchester for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s such a fun way to help a great cause, so we hope people will embrace this exhilarating new challenge and help make a splash in the fight against children’s cancers.
“Places are limited, so we’re urging families and big kids alike to book the ride of the summer right now.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
Annie Feltham, Colchester borough councillor for communities, added: “I’m hugely excited Colchester will be hosting the water slide. As well as making a splash for a good cause, it will be amazing to bring such a fantastically fun event to our town.”
To tie in with the event the High Street market will be opened for the first time on a bank holiday Monday, and there will be a family event in Castle Park.
Sliders must be aged eight or over and taller than 131cm.
To sign up visit www.cruk.org/sliderider.