Giant egg ruffles a few feathers
IT is almost twice the size of its counterparts - measuring an impressive eight inches in circumference and weighing in at a hefty 100g.
And as this picture shows the giant egg is sure to have ruffled a few feathers of the hen that laid it.
It was discovered by T J Haworth and four-year-old Courtney Culf, for whom her and her partner Ian are legal guardians, at their farm in Leiston Road, Aldeburgh,
She said: “We have around 20 chickens now. They are currently having some larger pens made so we hope to get more when the revamp is complete.
“They tend to feed on scraps, leftovers, grass cuttings, potato peelings and other natural food. They run around outside and always seem very content.”
You may also want to watch:
It is not the first time the hens at the farm have produced a large egg but this current specimen dwarfs its current counterparts, which typically have a circumference of five and a half inches and weigh around 50g.
Courtney said: “I love to help collect all of the eggs and feed the chickens. It was a big surprise to find one this big.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Ashton reveals season ticket sales and hails impact of Ed Sheeran sponsorship