Girl, 11, taken to hospital following crash between car and school bus near Debenham
An 11-year-old girl was taken to hospital following a collision between a car and a school bus near Debenham today.
Police were called to reports of the crash, on the B1077 just north of Debenham, close to Sir Robert Hitcham Primary School, at around 4.10pm today, Thursday, October 12.
It is believed around 35 children were on the bus at the time of the collision.
A Suffolk County Council spokesman said the bus, a 57-seater, only picks up students from Debenham High School
A spokesman for Suffolk police said there had been reports of minor injuries including an 11-year-old girl who has been taken to Ipswich Hospital by her mother.
You may also want to watch:
There are no reports of any serious, life-threatening or life-changing injuries.
According to police, the collision involved a single decker Dennis school bus and a Volkswagen.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 6 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 7 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 8 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 9 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
A spokesman added: “We have had a report that an 11-year-old girl has been taken to Ipswich Hospital by her mother.
“The car driver is complaining about pain in his ankle and neck pain.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance service said: “We were called at 4.15pm to a report of a collision between a coach and car in Debenham.
“An ambulance crew attended to a man with neck pain who was taken to Ipswich Hospital for further care.
“His condition is not believed to be life-threatening or serious.”
The road was closed by police while officers and paramedics worked at the scene but reopened at around 7pm.