Girl’s finger stuck in hook
FIREFIGHTERS in Colchester have helped to free a schoolgirl after her finger became stuck in a coat hook.
The girl, a year five pupil, trapped her finger in a hook on the back of a classroom door at Monkwick Infant School in School Road at about 10.30am.
One crew from the town’s fire station was sent to the scene to help release the youngster’s finger.
Station Officer Pete Donovan, from Colchester Fire Station, said: “The little girl had put her finger into a metal hook on the demountable class room door.
“Teachers were unable to release her finger using soap, so fire crews were called in to release her. She was very brave and we were pleased to see that she was released safe and sound into the arms of her mum.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident was over within 20 minutes and a school spokesman said the girl was fine and had continued with her classes for the rest of the day.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo