Three young girls arrested after suspected arson at Suffolk school
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A group of three girls under the age of 15 have been arrested on suspicion of arson following an incident at County Upper School in Bury St Edmunds.
Bury St Edmunds Police has confirmed three young girls are under arrest following a suspected arson on Sunday afternoon.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to the County Upper School, in Beetons Way, at 3.24pm on Sunday, October 28.
Three engines attended the scene where a pile of insulation material had caught alight.
The materials were next to a container being used as a tea room.
The flames did not spread to the main school building and firefighters were able to extinguish the flames soon after.
You may also want to watch:
Both parents and pupils have been reassured that it was unaffected.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or who has any information relating to it should contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting reference number 37/62362/18.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'