Glamping site set to be created on farmland
- Credit: Getty Images / Ryan McVay
Up to 12 new upmarket glamping pods are set to be built in farmland in Fressingfield.
The owners of Wakelyns Farm, in Metfield Lane, have submitted the proposals to Mid Suffolk District Council.
Six mobile home units are also set to be created as part of the scheme.
Planning documents submitted alongside the proposals said the glamping pods would be available to be rented by holidaymakers, while the mobile homes would be used by workers at the farm.
The pods would be purpose-built on site and would be able to be moved around the site in line with crop rotation.
You may also want to watch:
The documents said: "The proposals do not result in significant impact in relation to the character of the site, the landscape character and quality of the area, the setting and significance of heritage assets, ecology and biodiversity, highway safety and convenience, and the amenities currently enjoyed by nearby residents."
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 5 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk