Glemsford: Primary school is shut
A PRIMARY school is shut today as the heating is not working.
Glemsford Community Primary School in Glemsford, near Sudbury, will be closed all day.
A statement posted on the school website yesterday said: “We have had to take the decision to close the school tomorrow [March 1]. This is due to the heating not working.
“The staff will be in but unfortunately by law we are not allowed to have the children in.
“We hope to get it working by end of the day tomorrow or get a temporary heating solution in place but at present we are having to close the school to pupils.
You may also want to watch:
“This does not affect nursery which will be open as normal.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week