Glorious start to last day of show
THE last day of this year’s Suffolk Show is off to a fantastic start.
The sun is shining and there is not a cloud to be seen over Trinity Park in Ipswich.
Tens of thousands of visitors flooded through the gates yesterday and organisers are hoping the fine weather will continue to bring people out in force.
It promises to be another fun packed day with a number of activities on the agenda.
The livestock competitions have already started while later on there will be a coaching parade, horn blowing contest and heavy horse obstacle driving.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the bill in the cookery theatre is a Ready Steady Cook style competition between Ipswich Town players and their rivals at Colchester United.
There will also be displays from Mick Blackwell’s Balck Belt Academy and Ipswich Cheer Extreme street dance and hip hop.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 6 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 7 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 8 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 10 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
When the gates close this evening organisers are expecting to have welcomed more than 90,000 visitors.
With the good weather set to continue into this afternoon 2010’s Suffolk Show looks set to be one of the best yet.
// denotes a split ring
The Ipswich Building Society Grand Ring
7.30am Ridden Skewbald & Piebald – Kindly sponsored by SOS-HR Ltd
10.00am Show Jumping – The Eraser Stakes
11.00am Coaching Parade, Horn Blowing & Cock Horse Competitions
11.50am The Osborne Refrigerators Double Harness Scurry Final
12.25pm Heavy Horse Trade Turnouts – Singles – Kindly sponsored by Dummett Copp LLP
1.25pm Military Display
2.25pm Parade of Hounds
2.40pm Grand Parade
3.20pm Show Jumping – The International Stairway, supported by the British Showjumping Business Partnership
5.30pm National Anthem
8.30am Shires // Percherons
10.30am Heavy Horse Young Handlers
11.15am In-Hand Harnessed Horse
12.00 noon Parade of Hounds
12.25pm Pig Racing
12.50pm Heavy Horse Agricultural Turnouts – Singles
1.35pm Suffolk Gun Dogs
2.20pm Heavy Horse Obstacle Driving – Singles
2.55pm Pig Racing
3.20pm Cattle Parade & Prize Giving
4.00pm Heavy Horse Turnout Championship – Kindly sponsored by Dummett Copp LLP
4.30pm Suffolk Show Supreme In-Hand Horse or Pony Championship