Golden accolades for swim-teaching family who teach at Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre, in Stowmarket
- Credit: Alex Whitehead/SWpix.com
Three generations of one family have won gold awards for their teaching at a Suffolk swimming pool.
Bobbie Wilson, 74, daughter Leesa Woollard, 43, and grand daughter Chloe Woollard, 17, were all given top accolades at the prestigious national ASA Swimtastic Awards.
The trio teach at Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre in Stowmarket.
Mrs Wilson has taught three generations of families living in and around Stowmarket. Together they have been teaching for a combined total of more than 70 years.
Jane Phoenix, swim lesson manager at the Everyone Active-run centre, said: “The family have shown dedication in their swimming careers and have passed that passion on to countless others.
“They have taught countless swimmers over the years both with special needs and also those who are able bodied.
“They provide an environment whereby every individual is enthused and able to reach their full potential while emphasising the fun element.”
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 5 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 6 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 7 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 8 Town haven't taken option to sign Bakinson
- 9 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 10 Things we might learn from Ipswich Town's pre-season games
Each year, the ASA hosts a series of awards to celebrate and recognise achievements in aquatics.
As well as teaching at the centre, Mrs Wilson, Mrs Woollard and Miss Woollard are also involved with Stowmarket Swimming Club.
Mrs Wilson is no stranger to the Swimtastic Awards after winning bronze for top teacher in 2012.
The centre recently picked up a gold award in the East of England category at this year’s Health Club Awards. It is the second year in a row in which it has won the award.