Golf wins best used car and high praise
- Credit: supplied
What Car? has named Volkswagen’s Golf as its used car of the year 2013 and used family car of the year.
The judges praised its impressive cabin quality, refinement, comfort, driveability, running costs and its impressive safety credentials.
What Car? editor-in-chief Chas Hallett said: “What clearly sets the Golf apart from other small family cars is its cabin.”
Vauxhall was best manufacturer for its Network Q approved used scheme the awards ceremony which was supported by Warranty Direct.
What Car?’s road test editor and head judge Steve Huntingford said: “Although Network Q is one of the oldest approved used schemes, there are more than 350 outlets and it has a good online offering, a great choice of stock, all cars come with a comprehensive Network Q check, and an unbeatable insurance package.”
Vauxhall also won the small car award for the Corsa 1.2 Design AC five-door, while the Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Exclusiv was best nearly-new car for cars up to 12 months old.
What Car? readers, with What Car? Approved Used, named Honda as the manufacturer they would trust most when buying a used car.
- 1 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 2 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 3 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 6 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
- 7 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 8 Dobra signs for Cook's Chesterfield after Ipswich departure
- 9 Woman in 30s seriously injured after crash in south Suffolk
- 10 Ed's guitar raffle pays for new Music Ark in primary school
Ford’s S-Max 2.0 TDCi Zetec was best used multi-purpose vehicle and Mazda won best used estate car for the Mazda 6 2.2D 163 TS2.
For the third year, the Nissan Qashqai was best used sport utility vehicle, with judges praising its spacious, classy cabin, comfortable ride and commanding view.
The BMW 320d won the best used executive and luxury car award, sponsored by Warranty Direct.
The used fun car category went to the Renault Clio Renaultsport 200 Cup, with judges saying it is simply one of the best hot hatchbacks ever made.
The What Car? used car of the year judging panel members were from all areas of the motor industry. As well as selecting the overall used car of the year, the judges picked winners and runners-up in nine categories, looking at running costs, reliability, driveability, quality, longevity, safety features and desirability.
For more information log on to the website at www.whatcar.com/usedcarawards