Cooking up success: Which Suffolk and Essex restaurants made this year’s Good Food Guide?
- Credit: Archant
From north to south and east to west Suffolk and Essex are well represented in this year’s guide.
The Unruly Pub in Bromeswell is not a stranger to being recognised for its food but was thrilled to find out it would be featured in the Good Food Guide’s 2019 edition.
It’s the second time that the restaurant has been featured in the guide and follows on from other successes for the restaurant in the Suffolk Food and Drink Awards and Estrella Damm UK Top 50 Gastropub awards.
More than 20 of Suffolk’s eateries and 10 from neighbouring Essex are featured in this year’s guide.
Cuisines of all types are among those representing the two counties.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Wall, head chef at the Unruly Pig was pleased with how his food had come across said: “My ethos is very much flavour first, bringing elements together and presented simply to create delicious dishes.”
Owner Brendan Padfield added: “We’re absolutely thrilled.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
“We’re an enthusiastic bunch and this shines through in everything we do.
“You’ll be sure of a warm welcome, an exceptional menu, an extensive wine list, and craft beers at The Unruly Pig.”
News of the result comes only a day after the restaurant was named in the Good Pub Guide.
“The Good Pub Guide is such great news,” said Mr Padfield, “but having the best rating in east Suffolk in The Good Food Guide 2019 is icing on the cake.”
The guide itself has been running for more than 65 years and is based on customers’ reviews, anonymous expert inspectors and feedback.
The guide is rewritten and re-compiled each year.
Also making the cut in both lists were the Anchor at Walberswick,
There were also celebrations to be had in west Suffolk.
Staff at Tuddenham Mill in Newmarket were also delighted with their results: “Lee and the team are delighted to be listed in the Waitrose 18/19 Good Food Guide with a cooking score that reflects one of East Anglia’s finest restaurants.”
In Colchester two local eateries within minutes of each other were also featured in the guide.
Church Street Tavern and Grain Colchester both made it into the guide.
While Le Talbooth and the Sun Inn also put Dedham’s name on the culinary map in Essex.