Runners combine fitness and gardening to help Ipswich Community Garden
- Credit: Archant
Runners in Ipswich combined their passion running with their love of gardening to help a community garden.
The 15 runners from GoodGym weeded, watered, painted and pruned the ActivLives People’s Community Garden.
They then incorporated a fitness session and a final dash along the Waterfront.
Ipswich trainer at GoodGym, Ian Duggan, who ran the session, said: “The Activ Gardens in Ipswich are a great example of co-operation within the community, which is something that is important to both GoodGym Ipswich and the East of England Co-op.
“The run was a shining example of how working together can achieve a lot.”
You may also want to watch:
Oli Watts, head of communications and community at the East of England Co-op, said: “Joining up with GoodGym and supporting the Activ Gardens in Ipswich is a great way to show the power of co-operation in action.”
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk