Number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Suffolk and Essex nears 4000
- Credit: Archant
Government stats show that the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Suffolk and Essex is getting close to 4000.
Data released by the Government on Saturday afternoon showed that in Suffolk, there are now 1076 confirmed cases of coronavirus, while over the border in Essex there are 2615 cases.
Nationally, 1,129,907 tests have been carried out, of which 105,937 were carried out on Friday alone.
Of these 182,260 tests have now come back positive; an increase of 4806 since Friday.
In total, 28,131 have died in the UK, the figures cover all settings including hospitals and other care facilities.
You may also want to watch:
The figures showed an increase of 621 deaths from Friday.
Of these, nine were reported at hospitals in Suffolk and north Essex.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence