‘We’re delighted’ – Stowmarket museum receives £150k grant for new Heritage Farm
- Credit: MUSEUM OF EAST ANGLIAN LIFE
The Museum of East Anglian Life has been awarded a huge government grant to build a brand new farm on site – complete with a host of key East Anglian breeds.
The team has received a sum of £158,610 from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) to put towards their Heritage Farm project.
The money will fund a new attraction at the site, complete with new heritage displays, an animal handling and learning area for visitors, and better conditions for collections.
New paths will also make the site more accessible for all visitors.
The Heritage Farm is due to open in April 2019 – and will play host to a number of East Anglian breeds.
You may also want to watch:
The museum’s director, Jenny Cousins, said: “We are delighted to have received this support. Together with a grant from Viridor and the money that the public have given, we will be able to create a new and exciting attraction at the museum.
“There will be hands-on activities available in all weathers and much better conditions for our collection. We’re really excited about the project.”
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
The grant has been awarded by the Rural Payments Agency as part of its Rural Development Programme for England. The programme seeks to support the development of tourism and recreational infrastructure, to create jobs and growth in the rural economy.