GP stars set for Elite League date
SEVEN of the current Grand Prix superstars will do battle at the Elite League Riders' Championship at Coventry on Friday, October 2 (8pm).And they're joined by a newly-qualified member of the 2010 series after Chris Holder booked his place through the Grand Prix Challenge, which was also at Coventry recently.
SEVEN of the current Grand Prix superstars will do battle at the Elite League Riders' Championship at Coventry on Friday, October 2 (8pm).
And they're joined by a newly-qualified member of the 2010 series after Chris Holder booked his place through the Grand Prix Challenge, which was also at Coventry recently.
Belle Vue's Jason Crump has been named in the line-up and will be hoping to be fully fit after his recent arm injury.
Home club Coventry are represented by Chris Harris and Eddie Kennett who will both be looking for at least a rostrum spot in front of their own fans.
You may also want to watch:
British Speedway chairman Peter Toogood said: "What an amazing line-up this is. It's great to see so many of the top stars in the world and I'm sure we will see another big crowd for this one.
"It's very hard to predict a winner, although I'm sure Jason will be up there despite his recent injury sustained at Belle Vue.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 6 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 7 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
- 10 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
"Leigh Adams has been a model of consistency once again for Swindon and as one of the top riders in the league he will be in the shake-up.
"And Freddie Lindgren has been excellent in league racing this season and must be in with a chance of winning the event.
"I'm sure we will see some fine racing and it's a great event for us to round off what has been a very successful Super 7even series this year."
Admission details for the event are as follows: Adults �20, OAPs and concessions �15, Under 16s �5, Under 11s Free.
ELRC DRAW: Jonas Davidsson (Lakeside), Davey Watt (Eastbourne), Scott Nicholls (Ipswich), Niels-Kristian Iversen (Peterborough), Chris Holder (Poole), Kenneth Bjerre (Peterborough), Lee Richardson (Lakeside), Matej Zagar (Swindon), Edward Kennett (Coventry), Freddie Lindgren (Wolverhampton), Krsyzstof Kasprzak (Belle Vue), Robert Miskowiak (Ipswich), Hans Andersen (Poole), Jason Crump (Belle Vue), Chris Harris (Coventry), Leigh Adams (Swindon).