‘Prettiest of cottages’ is looking for a new owner
- Credit: Archant
This delightful thatched cottage at Monks Eleigh, which comes complete with planning permission for a contemporary extension, is on the market for just £395,000.
It could be an idyllic retirement home, or a home for a young family.
Located at Monks Eleigh, close to historic Lavenham and Lindsey, Stackwood Cottage is a medieval hall house, possibly the smallest in Suffolk, with a timber frame.
It has a new thatched roof and impressive original features including an inglenook fireplace.
It is now in need of updating and comes with planning permission for a contemporary extension.
You may also want to watch:
Agents Carter Jonas said: "It really is the prettiest of cottages."
The current layout includes a dining hall, a vaulted sitting room, a kitchen, boot room, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
It is a listed property and planning permission has been granted to provide a sitting room, ding room, snug/ and a new kitchen/breakfast room plus a ground floor bedroom suite and a first floor bedroom and bathroom. The consent also covers a double garage with workshop to the rear.
It has a guide price of £395,000.
Contact Carter Jonas in Long Melford to find out more 01787 882881.