Loving messages sent to grandparents during difficult isolation
- Credit: Archant
Children have told how they feel ‘lost’ without their beloved grandparents as they are forced to social distance during the coronavirus lockdown
We asked youngsters to share messages for their grandparents to show how much they missed them and to give them a boost as they self isolate.
Nicola Turner’s son Hugo is four years old and sent a message to his Nannie.
“Nannie I can’t wait to see you once the cold has gone away and I can show you how I have learnt to ride my bike.
“I miss you so much and can’t wait for the party at your house.
“Love you down to the metal in the ground, up to the aeroplanes in the sky.”
Hugo’s Nannie has been working hard throughout lockdown according to Nicola and she says the family would be “lost without her”.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 3 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 8 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
Melissa Crane has written a poem to her grandma Isobel Crane who is 89.
“I just want to let you know, you mean the world to me
“Only a heart as dear as yours would give so unselfishy
“The many things you’ve done, all the times that you were there
“Help me know deep down inside how much you really care
“Even though I might not say I appreciate all you do
“Richly blessed is how I feel having a grandma just like you.”
Melissa sent lots of love always and can’t wait to see her grandma Isobel.
We want to see how you’ve kept in touch with your grandparents over the Easter weekend – send us your snaps, videos and messages to share with them.