Graphic design students are organising an auction of work at Ipswich Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
Auction of design at Ipswich Waterfront
Following the success of last year’s inaugural International Design Auction, a team of BA (Hons) Graphic Design and Illustration students at Universiy Campus Suffolk have once again taken up the challenge to raise funds for their up and coming end of year degree show by organising an auction of world class graphic design pieces.
The International Design Auction 2013, taking place on Wednesday Novembeer 27 at UCS Ipswich on the Waterfront, will showcase great and influential graphic designers from across the globe, including pieces contributed by world class designers such as Stefan Sagmeister and Milton Glaser. Amongst the most celebrators graphic designers, Glaser has donated his most celebrated work, the iconic I ? NY trademark to the auction.
Amongst an array of posters, prints, and postcards, the auction also boasts a select number of signed design books and a Tom Gauld tote bag.
These enterprising students are part of a growing number who recognise the challenges they may face when looking for employment after graduation. As a result, they are working hard to maximise their time at university to develop additional skills such as event planning and organisation, marketing and communications.
This complements the extensive training and practical experience in graphic design that they gain throughout their degrees, setting them up strongly to enter employment.
Next year, the team are hoping to presenting their work in an exhibition at the Coningsby Gallery in London through the funds raised by this auction.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
The International Design Auction will take place on the 27th November 2013.
Registration will begin promptly at 17:30, with the auction commencing at 18:00.
More than 60 lots will be up for the taking, and payment will be expected through debit or credit card.
For more information on the auction lots and contributions received, visit http://www.ida2013.com. You can also email email@example.com any questions or follow our progress on @IDAuction2013