Great Bealings: Chimney fire fills bedroom with smoke

Firefighters were called to tackle a blaze which broke out in the chimney of a home in Great Bealings this evening.

An engine from Woodbridge went to the scene, in Rosary Lane, just before 5.20pm.

The blaze caused a bedroom in the home to fill with smoke.

Firefighters used specialist equipment in an attempt to reach the flames but smoke continued to issue from the chimney breast.

They then dismantled the fireplace for better access and were able to extinguish the flames.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus