Great British Dog Walk returns to Ickworth Park near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A popular annual event which sees hundreds of dog walkers descend on Ickworth Park near Bury St Edmunds will take place again in May.
The Great British Dog Walk, which is organised by Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, is being held on Saturday, May 5, at 11am.
Last year’s event saw a record-breaking 490 walkers, along with dogs of all shapes and sizes.
The charity is hoping to see even more walkers and their dogs taking part this year, which will also see the return of the popular dog agility course.
There will be 8km and 3km walking routes available through Ickworth’s stunning parkland, as well as refreshments, a barbecue, games and stalls selling gifts and dog treats.
You may also want to watch:
There is also the chance to meet working hearing dogs and pups in training and walkers are invited to bring a picnic to enjoy after the walk.
A new feature at this year’s event is a dog show straight after the walks have been completed.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 8 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 9 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
Rachel Clarke, community fundraising manager, East Anglia, said: “We are incredibly excited to bring the Great British Dog Walk to Ickworth Park again this year and can’t wait for the off.
“We’ll be bringing back the dog agility course which was incredibly popular last year and, new for this year, we will have a fun dog show directly after the walk. It will be a day of doggie heaven.”
The Great British Dog Walk at Ickworth Park is one of 20 walks taking place around the UK to help ensure more hearing dogs can be trained to bring life-transforming benefits to deaf children and adults.
To sign-up to the Great British Dog Walk at Ickworth Park, or any of the other Great British Dog Walks around the country, visit www.greatbritishdogwalk.orgTickets to each event are £10 in advance for adults online or £12 on the day. Children under 16 are free.
There is a limited-edition Great British Dog Walk doggie bandana for each adult ticket purchased. The 3km route is suitable for parents with buggies.