Great Bromley: Police appeal for witnesses after two people seriously hurt in car crash on A120
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for witnesses following a road crash at Great Bromley today in which two people were seriously injured.
Officers were called to the A120 at Great Bromley shortly after 11am following reports of a two-vehicle collision which had blocked the road.
All three emergency services attended at the scene to discover that a white Audi A3 and a red Hyundai I20 had been involved in the incident.
The road remained closed while firefighters released two casualties from the Hyundai.
A 73-year-old woman from the Colchester area was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
A 77-year-old man, also from the Colchester area, was taken to Colchester General Hospital. Both are being treated for serious injuries. The driver of the Audi received slight injuries.
The Colchester-bound carriageway was reopened at 1.40pm and the eastbound shortly afterwards. Police enquiries into the circumstances of the accident are continuing.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
Any witnesses who have not yet spoken to police should contact the investigating officer, Pc Rob Elvin, at Stanway road policing office on 101.