Great Cornard: Heating failure closes school
Students get an extra day off after heating system fails at school
A school in west Suffolk was closed to the majority of students today due to a heating a failure.
An announcement was posted this morning on Great Cornard Upper’s website informing pupils that they should stay at home except for year 11 students taking their science exams.
Lessons for sixth form students were also due to take place.
Tonight’s sixth form open evening is expected to take place at 7pm in the sports centre and library.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the closure call the school on 01787 375232.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'