Great Finborough school celebrates top catering award
- Credit: FINBOROUGH SCHOOL
The catering team at Finborough School have received a prestigious award from Mid Suffolk District Council for their work promoting healthy eating.
The Eat Out Eat Well Award rewards organisations that help people to make healthy choices when eating out.
Consultant Chef Mr Justin Cain and his Head Chef Miss Amanda Boud involve their pupils in the development of the school’s menus.
Each week a form group picks a theme and their team of talented chefs and assistants cook it for the whole school.
Finborough School received the top Gold Award.
Headmaster Steven Clark said: “The dining hall and kitchen are the engine rooms of the school. We will always provide a varied selection of healthy, nutritious food which helps our pupils to make the right choices and equips them with the energy to learn and develop; we are delighted to have been recognised for this ethos in the shape of this award.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 9 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143