Great House at Lavenham makes Square Meal’s top 100 UK restaurants list
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning Suffolk restaurant has gained another accolade after being ranked the 26th best in the country.
The news that the Great House in Lavenham is listed in Square Meal’s UK’s Top 100 restaurants comes as the renowned eatery is celebrating its 30th anniversary.
The prestigious listing is based on the results of an annual survey of the national magazine’s readers and bloggers.
Regis Crepy, chef and restaurateur, who also owns the much awarded Maison Bleue in Bury St Edmunds, said it was “fantastic news” to be included in the list of renowned restaurants across the UK.
He added: “This recognition means a great deal to me. Not only is it testament to my team’s hard work and dedication but it is the reflection of our customers’ satisfaction and we thank them for their loyalty and support.”
Regis and Martine Crepy brought The Great House, in Lavenham’s Market Place, in 1985 and transformed it into a French restaurant.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch