Day Gone By: Memories from Chantry Park’s Great Ipswich Play Day in 1984
- Credit: Archant
Are you among the many people pictured from the Great Ipswich Play Day at Chantry Park in 1984?
Hundreds of people descended on Chantry Park in Ipswich when it hosted the Great Ipswich Play Day in 1984.
We sent one of our photographers along to the park on the day to capture the fun in action.
This gallery remembers the event more than 30 years ago as people of all ages turned out to enjoy the variety of activities on offer.
There was something for everyone, from rides and inflatable fun to penalty shoot-outs, face painting and animal petting zoos.
You may also want to watch:
And the fun didn’t stop there, with Punch and Judy, Old Western Shoot out reenactments and a break dancing performance on stage.
Did you attend the Great Ipswich Play Day at Chantry Park over 30 years ago, or can you spot yourself or do you recognise anyone pictured in this gallery? To share your memories with us, email email@example.com
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 9 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'