‘Great response’ to latest appeal by police investigating Nahid Almanea murder
- Credit: Su Anderson
Officers investigating the murder of student Nahid Almanea have said there has been a good response to their latest appeal for information.
Last Wednesday Essex Police released a number of still images and footage from CCTV cameras at the University of Essex and on Avon Way, Purcell Close and Hunwicke Road.
They all show potential witnesses who detectives would like to speak to.
So far 49 of the 161 images and eight of the 38 videos have been eliminated, and 27 people out of a possible 90 have been identified.
Senior Investigating Officer, DCI Mark Hall of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “We have had a great response from the public but we still need to identify more people.
“I would urge people to continue to come forward. Any piece of information, no matter how small, could help us find the person or the people responsible for Nahid’s death.”
Ms Almanea was murdered on June 17 in the Salary Brook Trail. The 31-year-old, who was studying at the university, died as a result of stab wounds.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 3 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 4 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 5 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 6 Missing 17-year-old boy found safe
- 7 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 8 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 9 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 10 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
She was attacked at around 10.40am as she walked from her student accommodation in nearby Woodrow Way along the trail to the university complex in Wivenhoe.
The images are available on the Essex Police website www.essex.police.uk along with the video footage.
Anybody who recognises themselves or anyone else in the images are asked to get in touch by calling Essex Police on 01245 282103 quoting the image reference number that they recognise.
Alternatively people can email SCDappeals@essex.pnn.police.ukagain quoting the image number and an officer will make contact.
People can also give information to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Crimestoppers has offered a reward on £10,000 payable for information which leads to the conviction of the person or people responsible for Ms Almanea’s murder.