‘Great response’ to latest appeal by police investigating Nahid Almanea murder
- Credit: Su Anderson
Officers investigating the murder of student Nahid Almanea have said there has been a good response to their latest appeal for information.
Last Wednesday Essex Police released a number of still images and footage from CCTV cameras at the University of Essex and on Avon Way, Purcell Close and Hunwicke Road.
They all show potential witnesses who detectives would like to speak to.
So far 49 of the 161 images and eight of the 38 videos have been eliminated, and 27 people out of a possible 90 have been identified.
Senior Investigating Officer, DCI Mark Hall of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “We have had a great response from the public but we still need to identify more people.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge people to continue to come forward. Any piece of information, no matter how small, could help us find the person or the people responsible for Nahid’s death.”
Ms Almanea was murdered on June 17 in the Salary Brook Trail. The 31-year-old, who was studying at the university, died as a result of stab wounds.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 8 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
- 9 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
She was attacked at around 10.40am as she walked from her student accommodation in nearby Woodrow Way along the trail to the university complex in Wivenhoe.
The images are available on the Essex Police website www.essex.police.uk along with the video footage.
Anybody who recognises themselves or anyone else in the images are asked to get in touch by calling Essex Police on 01245 282103 quoting the image reference number that they recognise.
Alternatively people can email SCDappeals@essex.pnn.police.ukagain quoting the image number and an officer will make contact.
People can also give information to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Crimestoppers has offered a reward on £10,000 payable for information which leads to the conviction of the person or people responsible for Ms Almanea’s murder.