Great Yarmouth: Woman dies after fall from top of Great Yarmouth multi-storey car park
A WOMAN has died after falling from the upper tier of the Market Gates car park in Great Yarmouth.
Police confirmed the woman died at 10.20am today (Friday, August 10) and a file is being prepared for the coroner.
The death is not being treated as suspicious, and the woman has yet to be named.
The ambulance service had been called to the incident at 9.45am after reports of a woman - of an unknown age - falling from the Great Yarmouth multi-storey, near to the bus station.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was dispatched along with a land ambulance, a rapid response car and a duty officer. The woman was taken to the James Paget Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses said the woman had fallen to the rear of the car park, behind Iceland, and police had blocked the area off.
Neil Jones, who owns a clothes shop opposite the entrance to the multi storey, said he heard sirens and a helicopter between 10am and 11am.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
“I heard a noise out the back like a helicopter and heard a police car at the same time but didn’t really see anything,” he added. “Then an hour or so ago I heard the same noise again - a helicopter - and thought ‘that’s out the front’.
“My door was open and it was literally low enough to blow all the clothes off the wall.”