Attempted burglary at home on Essex-Suffolk border
- Credit: Archant
Suspicious behaviour and a tall tale in an Essex village are being treated as an attempted burglary by police.
A man was caught trying to force the back door of a home in High Street, Great Yeldham open when the loud noises alerted the resident, a 39 year-old man, asleep inside.
The 39 year-old challenged the man who claimed there were children in the garden trying to get into the victim’s garage before leaving.
The description of the man at the back door was very detailed, described as white, tanned, around 5ft 10in tall and aged about 45.
He is also described as having a pointed face, high cheek bones and short brown hair, shaved shorter at the sides and curly on top.
He spoke with an Irish accent and was wearing a sleeveless high visibility jacket and blue jeans.
The incident occurred at 3.30pm on Thursday, September 20.
- 1 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 8 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 9 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 10 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Robin Coltman in Braintree CID on 101 quoting reference 42/137154/18, or to contact Crimestoppers.