Attempted burglary at home on Essex-Suffolk border
- Credit: Archant
Suspicious behaviour and a tall tale in an Essex village are being treated as an attempted burglary by police.
A man was caught trying to force the back door of a home in High Street, Great Yeldham open when the loud noises alerted the resident, a 39 year-old man, asleep inside.
The 39 year-old challenged the man who claimed there were children in the garden trying to get into the victim’s garage before leaving.
The description of the man at the back door was very detailed, described as white, tanned, around 5ft 10in tall and aged about 45.
He is also described as having a pointed face, high cheek bones and short brown hair, shaved shorter at the sides and curly on top.
You may also want to watch:
He spoke with an Irish accent and was wearing a sleeveless high visibility jacket and blue jeans.
The incident occurred at 3.30pm on Thursday, September 20.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Robin Coltman in Braintree CID on 101 quoting reference 42/137154/18, or to contact Crimestoppers.