Rail services return to normal following ‘farcical’ disruption caused by broken down train
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers have hit out at Greater Anglia after yet another day of delays on the mainline through Suffolk and Essex.
Greater Anglia’s services on the Great Eastern Mainline were disrupted between 7-11am due to a train fault in the Chelmsford area.
Services were subject to cancellations, delays of up to 40 minute or revisions.
The news, which follows a number of other delays on the line this week, was met with angry comments from customers.
“Is it too much to ask for one day without problems?” asked one passenger.
You may also want to watch:
“Epic fail,” said another. “Shocking service.”
“Not a great week lads,” tweeted one customer.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injuries at department store
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 9 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
“You are farcical,” a passenger added.
A spokesman for the rail operator said: “Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption.”