Cow ‘stuck under train’ after collision near Colchester
- Credit: Archant
A train near Colchester has collided with a cow on the tracks, causing disruption on the Greater Anglia network.
The train franchise reported that the 6.47am Clacton-on-Sea to London Liverpool Street train struck a cow between Colchester and Wivenhoe.
The collision caused delays heading towards Colchester for the duration of the morning and affected services travelling from Thorpe-le-Soken and Walton-on-the-Naze.
A Greater Anglia spokesman said: "A train struck a cow, near Wivenhoe towards Colchester. The cow was stuck under the front of the train, and needed to be removed before the train can move."
The track was cleared about 8.30am, with disruption expected to clear on the network by 10am.
You may also want to watch:
Network Rail engineers are being deployed to the incident.
Greater Anglia have directed affected customers to their Delay Repay scheme and apologised for any inconvenience caused.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
Local bus routes 61/62 (Wivenhoe to Colchester) and 97/98 (Colchester to Clacton-on-Sea) are accepting train tickets