Rail service disruption after vehicle crashes into railway bridge
- Credit: Archant
Rail services are facing delays this morning after a vehicle crashed into a railway bridge.
Greater Anglia said services were delayed between Shenfield and Chelmsford in Essex following the crash earlier this morning.
Services affected as of 6.50am included two London Liverpool Street to Clacton trains, calling at Chelmsford, Witham, Marks Tey, Colchester, Hythe, Wivenhoe, Arlesford, Great Bentley, Weeley and Thorpe le Soken.
Later services on the Great Eastern Mainline between London Liverpool Street and Norwich have also been affected by congestion.
The exact location of the vehicle collision has not been reported.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season