Rail service disruption after vehicle crashes into railway bridge
- Credit: Archant
Rail services are facing delays this morning after a vehicle crashed into a railway bridge.
Greater Anglia said services were delayed between Shenfield and Chelmsford in Essex following the crash earlier this morning.
Services affected as of 6.50am included two London Liverpool Street to Clacton trains, calling at Chelmsford, Witham, Marks Tey, Colchester, Hythe, Wivenhoe, Arlesford, Great Bentley, Weeley and Thorpe le Soken.
Later services on the Great Eastern Mainline between London Liverpool Street and Norwich have also been affected by congestion.
The exact location of the vehicle collision has not been reported.
More to follow.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14