Rail services replaced by buses due to engineering works
- Credit: Archant
Train passengers in Ipswich, Felixstowe and Lowestoft will have to use replacement buses all day on Sunday while Greater Anglia carries out major works.
According to the rail provider’s website, all trains between Ipswich and Felixstowe will be replaced with bus services, with the disruption caused affecting Lowestoft trains too.
This is part of an ongoing project by Greater Anglia to improve the rail network in Suffolk.
In a statement on its website, Greater Anglia said: “As a result of major project work to increase train capacity between Ipswich and Felixstowe, the line will be closed between Ipswich and Felixstowe Town all day.
“Buses will replace trains between Ipswich and Felixstowe Town all day.”
You may also want to watch:
The bus will stop at Lowestoft, Oulton Broad, Beccles, Brampton, Halesworth, Darsham, Saxmundham, Wickham Market, Melton, Woodbridge and Ipswich.
The journey is almost two hours long end-to-end, starting with buses at 7.25am from Lowestoft and 10.02am from Ipswich.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
The last journeys are at 8.45pm from Lowestoft and 10.02pm from Ipswich.
A full timetable can be found on the Greater Anglia website.