Scorching weather hits rail services with a dozen services cancelled already
- Credit: Archant
High temperatures expected this afternoon have led to a dozen rail services being cancelled in Suffolk and Essex.
Greater Anglia said heat-related speed restriction on the Great Eastern Main Line, which connects the region with London Liverpool Street, had also led to a number of service amendments.
Temperatures today are expected to reach 30C in parts of the region.
MORE: ‘I’m surprised commuters haven’t been fainting’ - Anger at air con faults on trainsThe cancellations last from 4-8pm with services to Colchester, Witham and Ipswich among those affected.
Other services will call at additional stations or start from different locations.
“Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption,” a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
Visit Journey Check for details of specific services affected.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'