‘This is getting out of hand’ - Passengers’ anger at rail delays on Suffolk and Essex mainline
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk and Essex rail commuters using the region’s mainline this morning are warned to expect hours of delays and disruption due to problems at London Liverpool Street.
Greater Anglia said a signalling fault at the station meant several lines were blocked and services could be cancelled, delayed or revised.
By 7.45am, the operator said all lines had reopened following the earlier fault, although disruption was still expected until 10am.
Angry customers have taken to social media to express their frustration with the service.
Passengers waiting at stations complained of misinformation and said the service was a “joke”.
Others said the problems were happening every day, with some calling for refunds to their season tickets.
A Greater Anglia spokesman said: “Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption.”
Visit Journey Check for specific service details.
- 1 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 4 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 5 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 6 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 7 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 8 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 9 Cook's strongman act, vacancies to fill and a new challenger - Town face Barrow
- 10 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight