Morning delays for rail passengers in north Essex
- Credit: Archant
A points failure in north Essex is causing delays for rail passengers this morning.
Greater Anglia said the problem between Clacton on Sea and Thorpe le Soken had been resolved but disruption would likely continue.
“Services running to and from these stations are returning to normal but some services may still be cancelled, delayed by up to 30 minutes or revised,” the operator tweeted.
“Disruption is expected until 8am.”
The 5.20am Clacton to Liverpool Street services was cancelled; while the 5.40am service started delayed and is running fast from Colchester to London.
You may also want to watch:
“Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption,” a spokesman added.
Visit Journey Check for specific service information.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 8 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 9 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 10 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season