Rail journeys disrupted due to train fault
- Credit: Archant
Rail journeys were cancelled or disrupted on Saturday afternoon due to a fault on a train running between Lowestoft and Ipswich.
The fault led to disruption on services travelling on lines between Saxmudham and Beccles.
Rail provider Greater Anglia said the 2.07pm Lowestoft to Ipswich train had developed a fault at Darsham.
It meant the 3.07pm and 4.07pm trains from Lowestoft to Ipswich instead started at Saxmundham and that the 3.17pm and 4.17pm Ipswich to Lowestoft trains terminated at Saxmundham.
The 4.20pm train from Ipswich to Canmbridge and 5.47pm train from Cambridge to Ipswich were cancelled.
Greater Anglia said it was sorry for the disruption and that advance purchase tickets holders would be allowed to travel on earlier or later trains if their booked service was cancelled.
Train service alterations are available at journeycheck.com/greateranglia.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking