Rail journeys disrupted due to train fault
- Credit: Archant
Rail journeys were cancelled or disrupted on Saturday afternoon due to a fault on a train running between Lowestoft and Ipswich.
The fault led to disruption on services travelling on lines between Saxmudham and Beccles.
Rail provider Greater Anglia said the 2.07pm Lowestoft to Ipswich train had developed a fault at Darsham.
It meant the 3.07pm and 4.07pm trains from Lowestoft to Ipswich instead started at Saxmundham and that the 3.17pm and 4.17pm Ipswich to Lowestoft trains terminated at Saxmundham.
The 4.20pm train from Ipswich to Canmbridge and 5.47pm train from Cambridge to Ipswich were cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Greater Anglia said it was sorry for the disruption and that advance purchase tickets holders would be allowed to travel on earlier or later trains if their booked service was cancelled.
Train service alterations are available at journeycheck.com/greateranglia.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 8 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening