Further train disruption for rail passengers to Peterborough and Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers face ongoing disruption on Greater Anglia trains this morning, and until further notice, due to major signalling problems.
Train services between Ipswich and Peterborough are being severely disrupted due to a shortage of trains as a result of the signalling fault.
The rail operator said it was very sorry for the continued service disruption between Ipswich and Peterborough, and that it was trying to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, where trains are cancelled, a rail replacement service is in operation.
Since last Wednesday, the replacement service has included several buses carrying passengers directly between Bury St Edmunds and Peterborough, in both directions, to speed up the journey and help people meet connections for onward journeys. Other buses will call at intermediate stations.
You may also want to watch:
Customers are advised to travel to Norwich and on a train to Ely, where their tickets will be accepted on East Midlands Railways services to Peterborough.
Customers can also travel on Ipswich to Cambridge services and then change at Cambridge for a Great Northern service to Ely, and change at Ely for an East Midlands service to Peterborough.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
Within the county, a number of services between Ipswich and Felixstowe have also been cancelled and replaced with a bus service.
The following services have already been confirmed as cancelled:
05.00 Ipswich to Felixstowe
05.34 Felixstowe to Ipswich
06.04 Ipswich to Felixstowe
06.36 Felixstowe to Ipswich
08.25 Ipswich to Felixstowe
08.54 Felixstowe to Ipswich
08.57 Ipswich to Felixstowe
09.28 Felixstowe to Ipswich
Greater Anglia recently conceded it had been a "difficult few weeks", following a combination of issues around the introduction of new trains and weather conditions.
Jonathan Denby, head of corporate affairs at Greater Anglia, said: "We know that we have let people down. We apologise for an extremely difficult few weeks and Greater Anglia are very sorry."