Greene King directors to take on London Marathon for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Two of Greene King’s operating board members will swap their business suits for running gear as they take on the London Marathon, on Sunday.
Richard Lewis, chief operating officer for Greene King Pub Company and Clive Chesser, managing director for Greene King Brewing & Brands, will join more than 40,000 other runners at the 38th marathon to raise much needed funds for the brewer’s chosen national charity partner Macmillan Cancer Support.
Mr Chesser is based at Abbot House, in Bury St Edmunds, and ran the London Marathon last year and is hoping to beat his time.
He said: “It was an incredible experience to run the London Marathon for Macmillan last year. Greene King has supported Macmillan for six years now so I was really pleased to be able to contribute to our fundraising. This year, I’m hoping to break the four hour barrier as well as smashing my fundraising target.”
Mr Lewis, who has worked for Greene King for seven years, said: “I have been training hard since in the lead up to the marathon but know it’ll be a tough slog on the day. I am so proud of our pubs and our people who have raised more than £3.8m for Macmillan and I am happy to be able to do my bit too. It is great an opportunity to take up a personal challenge as well as support our charity partner.”
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Gascoigne, Greene King’s partnership manager at Macmillan Cancer Support, said: “I would like to personally thank Richard and Clive and wish them good luck. Their determination and passion to support Macmillan will help raise vital funds for people living with cancer.”
Macmillan Cancer Support has been Greene King’s corporate charity partner since 2012 and since then, team members and guests have raised over £3.8 million for the charity.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
The vital funds will help pay for the crucial hours of care given by Macmillan professionals, who provide much-needed support for people living with cancer across the UK.
To support Richard as he takes on the London Marathon for Macmillan visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/richard-lewis58 and to support Clive visit